Friday, January 1, 2010

Run #3 - 3.5 km

Its such a cliche, heading out for a run on New Years Day. I was a resolution in the flesh!
Again, i had to drag myself off the couch to get out there, this time though, I was feeling so sluggish from a decadent night of Ham and Scalloped potatoes (hey, I am a flex-atariam, not a vegetarian) and a breakfast of creme puffs and chip dip!

So off I go... slow and steady. We've had a fresh snowfall, so the footing was a bit treacherous. Amazing the impact that can have. I went super slow, and felt as though I had shin aches and pains (I refuse to believe I could ever have shin splints).

Regardless, it was a beautiful evening. The snow was falling softly on my face. The temperature was nice. The run was peaceful.

All in all, a wonderful way to spend a NYD afternoon.

The run itself: -5C, 3.5 K, 1-1

Total: 9.5

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I have a good excuse not to follow you for the next few days, but after that, I HAVE NO CHOICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know.... Tomorrow is a BIG day... 5-7 k... slow and steady...

    Months ago, that would be a slow run...

    ReplyDelete