Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Swim # 1

So branching out here and going to log in my swims. As most of you know, i hate swimming. And to make things worse, I signed up for a mini-tri at the end of the summer, so I have no choice but to practice.

How can I make this even worse? Impossible you say? Wrong... before I could go out for a swim, I had to, gasp, buy a new suit! After I confronted the white whale in the change room I bought the only suit that fit!

I was nervous about hitting the pool. Afterall, it had been over a year since I'd been for a swim. I went with Carrie, she swam in the fast lane while I was quite happy to swim with the geezers in the slow lane.

Well imagine my surprise when I didn't need to take a break after the first length. And then how amazed I was when I was able to comfortably swim for 30 minutes. granted, I took a break to have a drink of water and to get a flutter board, but other than that, I was puttering in the pool the entire time!

Today's swim - 20 lengths!

No comments:

Post a Comment